Both Kinds of Music 2013 Holiday Gift Guide Part 1
Friends, with 14 days or so until Christmas, are you coming up short on gifts for the country music lover in your life? Or maybe your own list has a few holes in it. Fret not, I’ve scoured the internet and my own site to find great gifts. Remember, buy local or straight from the artist when you can. (In cases where I’ve linked to Amazon, I have an affiliate account which pays me a meager sum.)
- Johnny Cash Print by Drew Friedman - $175 - The classic illustrator respectfully renders the most classic country performer.
- What Whiskey Will Not Cure, There Is No Cure For Print by Andrew Le - $20 - A favorite poster among Both Kinds of Music fans.
- Listen to Townes Van Zandt T-Shirt from Midnight Rider - $52 - Who doesn’t love the fine clothing Midnight Rider offers? I just found out last night that all their clothing is American made.
- The Carter Family: Don’t Forget This Song - David Lasky & Frank Young - $18.27 - The highly-rated illustrated tale of country music’s first family.
- Wooden Country Magnets - Jodi Lynn Burton - $12.00 ea Perfect for every fridge.
- Buck ‘Em: The Autobiography of Buck Owens - Randy Poe/Buck Owens - $21.62 Hardcover / $16.19 Kindle - Brand new! Straight from the mouth of Buck himself - the story of a true original.
- Buck ‘Em: The Music of Buck Owens - Buck Owens - $22.26 CD / $11.49 MP3 - The musical companion to the book. Features early, alternate and live tracks. A lot of stuff I hadn’t heard before. Essential country music.
- Heaven Send Us Better Times - Roe Family Singers - $15 - Looking for something traditional yet modern? Try the latest CD from my pals in Minneapolis. This fine effort features 12-tracks of spiritual standards played in the rousing Roe Family fashion.
- Outlaw Ladies Prints Six-Pack - Joshua Norton - $75 (Available as singles for $18 ea.) Decorate your abode with country’s legendary ladies. If you poke around, there’s the set of men too.
- Vintage Wares from John Dear Vintage - Various Prices - These are my very best friends in Minneapolis. They scour the thrift stores of the Twin Cites looking for cool shit and they find it! If you’re into fine footwear or nifty gee-gaws, they’re got you covered.
More to come tomorrow!